Fishguard Job Vacancies
Fishguard Community Minibus
Administrator / Driver
- Take the bookings by phone (mainly regulars) — approx. 5 or 6 per week determining whether they have their own driver who must be MIDAS trained.
- If they do not have driver, give list of other know possible volunteer drivers in the area.
- At the end of each month, send the log sheets to the Company Secretary
- Check the minibus regularly to ensure it is always safe (locked), has no scratches or bumps, is clean inside (driver’s responsibility to clean), correctly parked, lights off etc.
- Drive it to Haverfordwest for its 10 weekly safety checks and 6 monthly to Pembroke for the lift tests.
- Have regular phone/email contact with Company Secretary or Chair of Trustees.
- Attend (if possible) bi-monthly staff and trustees meetings, — with a view to becoming a trustee
All enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
or Phone: 01437 711042 or07582580646.
Fishguard Community Transport Minibus
Booking Co-ordinator & Handy Person Required
- Take bookings from community groups for the minibus, noting driver’s names and explaining the requirement for a D1 category on their driving licence and that they have an up-to-date MiDAS certificate.
- Explain conditions of hire criteria for new groups.
- Entering details of hire in the diary (held at the Leisure Centre).
- Liaise with the Green Dragon group as necessary – they use the bus 3 days per week.
- Send completed log sheets/fuel receipts to Co–ordinator each month.
- Regular checks of the minibus (not daily).
- Wash and clean minibus as required.
- Refuel the minibus when required.
- Make sure user groups have left bus clean and tidy for next user. (We charge if the bus is left ‘in a state’).
- Take minibus to Haverfordwest for 10 weekly checks.
- Take minibus to Pembroke Dock every 6 months for lift check.
- Take minibus for MOT yearly (usually combined with 10 week check).
- Deal with any small repairs or breakdowns as required (we have a regular garage for tyre maintenance and one for larger issues).
If you think either or both of these roles would suit you,
or you’d like to know more, please contact Maggie Vickery (Chair of Pembrokeshire Voluntary Transport – PVT) by
Phone: 01437 711042 or 07582580646.